Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Blessed


If I could sum up my Mother's day this year with one word it would be, blessed. I feel so blessed to be a mother and to have children. I also feel blessed to have a good mother and mother-in-law. And I can't help but think this year of both of my grandmothers who are on the other side. How blessed my life was to have them a part of it. What great women I have been blessed with in my life. And, more than anything, I am so grateful for the blessings of motherhood. The good and the bad, the sweet and the sour, the fun and the hard. I can't think of a more refining job than that of a mother. I am truly blessed.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Amen sista! And they are blessed to have a mother like you too; and don't you forget it :) By the way, great picture!

steve and lisa said...

Loved your adorable picture!! You are an amazing mom & wonderful example of a gREAT Mother!! Lisa

Judy said...

My darling Kathy, you are a great mother, daughter, aunt, cousin and friend. You are an inspiration to me! I love you, mom

Katie Voorhees said...

I LOVE that picture Kathy! What a cute family you have! I agree with everything you said, it is the hardest, yet most rewarding job there is.