Monday, September 8, 2008

Finally.....Back to School!


So...many of you are probably thinking, "school started a couple of weeks ago." And, yes, for everyone but us, this is true. This year our kids started in a brand new school that was not ready for the kids to start until last Friday. We tried our best to enjoy our pro-longed summer vacation without any harm coming to any of us (barely made it :)). As much as I LOVE being with my kids, having them around me and doing fun things together.......105 days (who's counting?) of summer vacation is an extremely long time to be an 'entertainment director'. We definitely enjoyed our time together, but it was sooooooo time for school to start. Connor is in 3rd grade this year which is just crazy. He has already made so many new friends (no surprise) and has all their phone numbers scribbled on little scrap pieces of paper. Lauren is in 1st grade and can't get enough of school. I miss her being home with me. We are best friends and I am so sad we won't get to have any time during the day together. She is such a social butterfly and loves to learn. She has always been the teacher's favorite.
One thing the kids are most excited about is that they get their own locker. Yes, I said, locker. Lockers are no longer saved for Jr. High anymore. They are small lockers that the kids keep their coats and backpacks in. This is just another way that the kids are growing up way too soon.
As for me, I hope to get a lot accomplished now that the kids are in school. 105 days without a break from the kids can leave you a little crazy, and your house a little crazy too. Cody and I will have lots of one-on-one time which I think will be good for him (for me, I'm not so sure). I definitely plan to help in the kids classes a lot and hope to have more time to finish all my unfinished 'projects'.
More than anything, I am so glad that my kids are back learning and studying and expanding their minds. I really think this will be a great school year for us all!!!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cody! And Congratulations on the end of the last 105 days. phew!!! Good for you. I don't think I could have survived another week or two. My kids wouldn't have survived it (with me as their mother). It's always nice to have a little quiet time. Sadly, all that time to get stuff done hasn't peaked it's head yet. Enjoy your somewhat peaceful days!!!

Allie said...

AMEN!!!
I love school!! I am so glad it finally started! 105 days? Are you sure? It felt like double that sometimes!

Judy said...

My darling Kathy. Believe it or not you will look back on this and say 'remember when?' Then you will say, 'Where did the time go?'. Trust me, I say it everyday! I keep remembering your first days of school. It was just yesterday!
Love, Mom

steve and lisa said...

WOW - I bet their new school is so nice! They look all ready for school & look adorable! You have such CUTE kids! Lisa

Pieces of Us said...

I always loved going back to school..I'm sure my mom loved it more and I'm sure I will follow in her footsteps when our kids get older too! I forgot how much fun it was to be in Primary until Sunday. (I found your blog off Cami's..hope you don't mind =))

CJensen said...

YEAHHHH for school being back in session! Your kids are so cute, all excited about school. Joelle thinks the lockers are sooo cool =}

Taylor Family said...

I love the train cake. Soo cute. Your kids are all so adorable. We will have to have Cody come over and play. I will call you some time next week.

Lynell said...

So cute. I can't believe how big your kids look. And in school all day.... They just grow up so fast.

We were pretty about the lockers here too. Fun Fun